Thursday, September 02, 2004

started working on a new photo gallery - AGAIN...

This is like the 5th time I've started building an online photo album app from the ground up. The main reason I began it in the first place was so that I could have total control over the feature set. Problem is, I'm not even happy with what I do myself so I keep knocking it down and starting again.

oh well...

This time round I'm considdering the following features

  • transparent content syndication between album sites
  • XSL skins (as always) -- and lots of them...
  • album heirachies (as always)
  • comprehensive and granualar access control and security
  • user group heirachies
  • preview before publish mode
  • clever caching (to protect RDBMS)
  • optimisation for a clustered configuration
  • unlimited photo size options (std thumbs/sizes + custom)
  • favourites
  • integrated threaded discusion on albums and album object using linkable threads
  • polling
  • skin upload
  • batch file upload
  • batch image rotation
  • image cropping
  • exif info extraction (as always)
  • user-customisable metadata items (fields)
  • Full XML support (for export etc)
  • custom module API (down the track)
I'm toying around with using the name InterAlbum to denote it's distributed nature.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flickr Flickr Flickr!!!!

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:05:00 AM  
Blogger Terence said...

I have a flickr account. It's not open source and doesn't have an API for me to extend it.

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My status