Wednesday, November 02, 2005

spooky spam detection

Hey look, I know I'm starting to sound like an ad for Google , but their spam protection is so good, it's spooky. I think this may have a lot to do with the fact that they can detect a msg which is sent to a high number of their users.

Unfortunately, I haven't always practiced safe surfing with web forms and email addresses, which hasn't helped me much in making myself a small target for spammers. However, since I switch to gmail, I have not yet had one piece of spam hit my inbox. AND, I haven't had any legitimate email show up in my spam box. Amazing. They must of a sweat shop somehwere of speed readers busy sorting the stuff (obviously jonking, as that would be contrary to their own privacy statement).

Once every couple of weeks a gloss over my spam box and then empty it.

I've ditched my desktop email clients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My status